Friday, November 05, 2004

Coffee & Jazz...

No worries! I figured it out. I know where we go from here. The decent of the U.S. can be dealt with, the same way typical Americans deal with poverty, racism, police brutality, pretty much all things unjust. The answer: Look the other way and consume. Just close your eyes. Really, try it. Notice how everything just disappears? Consider yourselves lucky… I discovered the formula and am able to distribute it at no cost.

So I’ll just sit here, drink my coffee, listen to Miles, watch t.v., consume, and live happily ever after. Foreign policy will be just that, foreign to me. I’m starting to like this whole apathy thing. It’s very… what’s the word… refreshing.

Wait a minute, I’m going to have to step outside and interact with the rest of the world… that poses a problem. I’m going to have to pay taxes right? I didn’t even realize I’m going to continue to breathe this filthy Los Angeles air/smog. I hope my body can sustain these toxicity levels the same way cockroaches sustain everything. That’s why stem cell research is THAT important, we’re going to need the research once our lungs devolve and develop new diseases because of the overwhelming disregard to our environment.

This election was all about Iraq, terror, swift boats? What the fuck… More important than all three combined is the need to keep our environment clean, safe, and in a livable condition. I’m 1,000 times more likely to die from cancer, than from a terrorist attack. Al-qaida is nowhere near as scary as the car fumes spewing from Suburbans barreling down the 605 during rush hour. Don’t believe me? Roll down your window take a deep breath and pray you regain consciousness before you need to hit the brakes.

To answer one of Pablo Neruda’s unanswerable questions… “Cannot a kiss of spring also kill you?” I think he was alluding to what is now obvious. Yes, in a few years, a kiss of spring will kill us. Technology and environmental progressive policy have taken a back seat to corporate policy and religious ideals. It’s only a matter of time before this planet explodes… look on the bright side, think of all the pretty colors that will be on display. It will be like the Rose Bowl’s Fourth of July celebration on steroids.

I guess this whole apathy didn’t quite work for me… Closing my eyes while driving in traffic isn’t going to get rid of the bumper to bumper traffic that’s killing me little by little the same way a nicotine freak puffs on them Marlboro reds… Apathy only adds to the problem, but you already knew. Right? Uprising through edu-ma-cation!

Con Safos,
- Lucio


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home